1 Candidate details
Name: Adrian Bordin
Council: Lismore City Council
Number of years in shire/LGA: approximately 2 years
Current councillor? No
Clubs/sports/interests: I have interests in fishing and travelling, and follow the NRL.
Are you a member of a political party or an organised ‘ticket’? Yes
If yes, which party or who else is on your ticket?: The New Generation Leaders: Matt Schiebel, Katrina Beohm,
Brief description: I have lived in the northern rivers all my life and have attended school and university locally. I work for a local business in the Lismore CBD as an accountant.
2 What has motivated you to stand?
• wanting to represent the youth section of the community
• wanting to support local business and new business to provide opportunities for young people
• the current poor financial state of Lismore City Council
• the ordinary condition of Lismore City Council roads and the lack of commitment to actually fix them up
3 What is your vision for the shire/LGA?
An area where youth don’t feel they need to leave the area to have an opportunity.
4. In your opinion, how can council best balance the need for further residential development with the need to preserve the local environment?
In my opinion this can be best achieved by allowing development where it is appropriate. There needs to be a balance that considers both the positives of development and the positives of preserving the local environment. Having a policy that is biased one way or another benefits nobody.
5 What particular issues do you feel strongly about?
• opportunities for youth
• protecting the rights of landowners
• financial responsibility of government