Kaya Polster, Crabbes Creek
Some tips against your insomnia:
1. Get rid of that cat. Who needs animals if you have kids.
2. Wash the undies by hand. Takes only five minutes. Saves electricity and water.
3. Don’t do banking at night. Listen to relaxation CD instead – with headphones to not disturb your husband.
4. Take one or two valerian tablets from Santos or two or three melatonin drops under tongue from Phytorium opposite Woolies, Byron Bay.
5. Wear a blindfold so your eyes are in total darkness.
6. Wear good earplugs, preferably German ones called Ohropax. I can sell you a packet of 20 for €6.50 = $10. Forget about the shitty Aussie ones, no good.
7. Keep a writing pad and pen next to your bed and write things down in the dark.
8. Find the switch in your brain where to turn off your mind. When you have found it, tell me where it is.
I hope that helps.
What I do that keeps me awake at night is: I read The Echo before going to sleep and then think about what to answer you in reply to your Soap Box and write a letter to you at 3.30 in the morning. This is the first night that I actually write it instead of only thinking about it.
You are lucky. My legs are twitching in the middle of the night and I have to jump on the rebounder one thousand times (jogging on the spot) on the veranda in my nightie. Even then one of the legs could decide to jump again and I take one or several magnesium tablets.
Mandy’s Soap Box on insomnia can be watched on today’s entertainment page – Ed