Lismore Council has come up with a novel approach to interacting with the local community: let them eat cake. No doubt they know that constituents are always friendlier with a full stomach.
Morning tea with the councillors will take place at 10.30am this Thursday, October 18, at the North Coast National. Refreshments are available in the council display area opposite the Lismore Showground’s main gate.
‘This is a great opportunity to put a human face to your local politicians and talk to them about issues that concern you, ideas you have or even just what the weather’s like,’ said council’s GM Gary Murphy.
‘The councillors are all very approachable and this is a relaxed way to meet them face to face.’
Lismore City Council’s other activities at this year’s North Coast National on October 18–20 include:
• Schools Water Challenge Awards ceremony – presented by Mayor Jenny Dowell at 11am Friday, October 19
• Health and nutrition assessments with the Move2Change crew
• Free ‘Come to the heart’ face painting
• Spin and Win – spin the wheel to win an instant prize at council’s new chocolate wheel
• Duraplas rainwater tank competition – don’t miss your chance to enter the draw and win a rainwater tank.