An outcome from the Community Forum on Thursday February 21 was a commitment to host a World Café Society event to develop ideas to address the matters that have been raised at the three forums following this year’s NYE in Byron Bay.
The World Café Society is a conference process that recognises that most good ideas occur outside sessions during breaks, or over a coffee in a cafe when people can talk together about the things that matter to them.
On Wednesday March 13, The Byron Community Centre will be sponsoring Byron’s own World Café Society event.
The Byron World Café calls for independent, open minded personalities to be involved in a public conversation. People are invited to register for one of two sessions, each going for two hours, that will be held at 11am and 6pm in the Byron Theatre. Over the two hours, attendees will be able to participate in three short rounds of discussion that will explore ideas for addressing the challenges facing our community.
Each session will be limited to 64 participants and the sessions are designed to give each person an opportunity to contribute. The sessions will ask questions such as:
1. How do we make our streets vibrant and safe at night?
2. How does Byron Bay manage Schoolies and NYE to everyone’s benefit?
3. How do we make Byron Bay township a beautiful place?
4. How do we care for our natural environment?
5. How do we preserve our residential neighbourhoods and foster community?
6. How do people move into and around Byron Bay?
7. How do we support young people in our town?
8. How do we broaden Byron Bay’s economic base?
The nature of the World Café Society event is that it is not about negotiating, exchanging opinions or allocating blame – it is about developing ideas to ensure everyone can enjoy living or visiting Byron Bay.
All outcomes will be recorded and reported back to the next community forum planned for 6pm Thursday March 21 at the Byron Theatre.
To book, visit www.byroncentre.com.au.