A 33-year-old Casino man who was badly burned in an explosion at a Casino caravan park on Monday morning died in a Brisbane hospital overnight.
Police have confirmed to media the man, who suffered serious burns to 80 per cent of his body, had succumbed to his injuries from the explosion of a gas cylinder at the Glen Villa Resort at Johnston Street, Casino.
The man’s family, who live at Casino, had been notified.
Lismore police Inspector Matt Kehoe said it was believed a gas bottle had exploded inside the man’s caravan and the man suffered severe burns to his face and most of his body.
The man had been treated on-site by paramedics from Casino ambulance station and the Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter and flown to the burns unit at the Royal Brisbane Hospital.
Inspector Kehoe said a forensic services investigation was continuing.
Anyone with any information about the explosion is urged to call Casino police on 6662 0099 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.