Sue Arnold, Ocean Shores.
The disingenuous letter from Mat Morris requires a response. I suggest that he re-checks the tape recording of complaints as I did call a second time on Saturday night.
No, I did not leave my name as I was informed by Parklands staff that there was a problem with noise at Tongarra Drive, that a number of complaints had been received and it was probably the wind direction and that
someone had been sent to measure noise levels. I was also told that the purpose of the hotline was to record complaints which would be passed on to the Department of Planning.
This revelation caused me to hang up as it was made clear that there was no intention of calls to the hotline would results in noise levels being lowered.
The point of my letter was to ensure that residents were made aware that the hotline served no purpose other than to record complaints.
As for my call on Friday night, I have no faith in any noise measurements taken by Splendour. I wanted the noise turned down. As for “ an acoustic consultant”
being sent to my address – please provide the name and qualifications of the “ consultant”, the time of the visit and an explanation as to why I was told someone
would come to our house. The noise levels were far worse on the north side of our house and no one measured these levels.
Room for improvement ? There certainly is. For starters how about telling residents that the hotline serves no purpose. Many affected residents have taken the time to tell me, in response to my letter, that there’s simply no point in making a complaint because nothing is done about it. When the RWG is dominated by affected residents and the State government, Council and the police recognise the appalling loss of amenity and the complete disruption and disturbance caused by the noise and traffic of these mega festivals, perhaps things will change. Right now money calls the tune and I don’t like being called a liar.