Twelve dangerous black spots, nominated by northern rivers residents, are set to be fixed with $3 million federal funding.
Page MP Kevin Hogan has today released the list of roads.
The black spots to be fixed are:
- Section of Armidale Road, near Glens Creek Road – $429,360
- Intersection of Union and Casino streets, South Lismore – $420,000
- Intersection of Oliver Av and Phillip St, Goonellabah – $375,000
- Intersection of Rous Road and Pleasant St, Goonellabah – $304,000
- Section of Tabulam Rd, near Clarence Way at Bottle Creek – $297,000
- Section of Rogan Bridge Rd, Seelands – $273,470
- Intersection of Leycester and Hindmarsh streets, Lismore – $265,000
- Section of Spring Grove Rd at Caniaba – $124,000
- Intersection of Rous Rd and Tevan St, Goonellabah – $74,000
- Section of Summerland Way between Grady’s Creek and Risk roads, Wiangaree – $70,000
- Intersection of Summerland Way (Prince St) and Oliver St, Grafton – $46,060
- Intersection of Tomki Tatham and Tatham roads, Tatham – $20,000 Mr Hogan said this investment in black spot projects will deliver safer and more efficient roads in the Northern Rivers through targeted upgrades proven to deliver results.
- ‘Black spot projects target dangerous roads to save lives and reduce road trauma, ensuring our local road network is safer for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians,’ he said.
‘The good thing about the Black Spot Programme is that anyone can suggest an intersection or section of road they believe should be considered for a safety upgrade.’
Further information and nomination forms can be downloaded from: http://investment.infrastructure.gov.au/funding/blackspots/index.aspx
Blimey. Is there an election coming up or something? How can these pollies have the gumption to make these grants at this time. We’re not stupid, you know!
what a pity he couldn’t do anything for roads during his 3 years tenure. The nationals always leave black spot road fixes as sweeteners at election time
Yeah it’s rude to say across northern rivers, what a joke these are nearly all in or near Lismore, nominated by locals where was the nomination page, nothing advertised about that I saw, it’s all about getting reelected how stupid do you politicians think we are, so over it!!!!!