Cr Simon Clough, Deputy Mayor and leader of Our Sustainable Future, Lismore City Council
In the last four years with a majority of progressive councillors Lismore City Council has achieved 29 awards of local, regional, state and national significance. These awards are for a wide range of achievements from information about road conditions, to waste management, Buy Local programs and two Green Globe awards for environmental sustainability.
At the same time Lismore’s progressive Council has worked directly or in combination with other organisations to encourage the following developments:
- $11.5 million Masters Home Improvement Store – complete
- $38 million redevelopment of Southern Cross University library – complete
- $9.27 million Lismore Base Hospital multi-storey carpark – complete
- $260 million Stage 3A redevelopment of Lismore Base Hospital – under construction
- $10 million Bennett’s office development – under construction
- $1.87 million upgrade of Lismore Regional Airport and general aviation facilities – underway
- $5.8 million art gallery upgrade and Lismore Quadrangle project – tenders called
- $15 million Lismore Home & Leisure Centre superstore – DA to be lodged by December 2016
- $13 million Quest apartment complex – progress to sale of land.
In addition Council has approved numerous land develo0pment projects many with an affordable housing component.
The message for Lismore voters could not be clearer if you want the continuation of sensible, balanced development with major cultural projects and strong environmental protection you need to support the 3 progressive parties standing for election.