Byron Shire Council wants fifteen residents who are ‘strategic thinkers’ to join a new leadership group being formed to oversee the Byron Bay Town Centre Masterplan.
The residents should be good communicators who are connected to community groups throughout the town.
The new Masterplan features:
- redesigned foreshore parkland
- pedestrian prioritised town centre and a focus on placemaking and the public domain
- reinvigorated newly defined Railway Square
- enhanced village entry points
- Jonson Street upgrade with a unique materials palette distinguishing it as the primary town centre street
- increased local residential and commercial opportunities
- connecting the wetlands around the Sandhills area
Council’s director of sustainable planning and economy, Shannon Burt, said feedback from the previously established Bounce Group during the development of the plan was very positive.
“The group’s members were vital in the success of the plan’s development and we are keen to bring the community voice back to the table during the implementation phase,” she said.
Initially the group will be established for a year and then subject to the council’s review and extension.
The first meeting will be held in December and the group will meet either monthly or bi-monthly, as required.
Anyone interested can submit an expression of interest to join the group at
Expressions of Interest need to be submitted by Friday 25 November.
The image isn’t from the Byron Bay Town Centre Master Plan project.