One of Bluesfest’s biggest 2017 draw-cards, Neil Young, has dropped out of the event, just days after it was announced his nationwide tour had been cancelled.
Frontier Touring told media on Wednesday that the 1970s folk icon had pulled out of the tour although Bluesfest management remained tight-lipped about his marquee appearance there.
But in a media release issued today, Bluesfest admitted it is ‘currently working on replacing Neil Young with a new headliner for the Friday night.’
‘There will be a new artist announcement coming very soon!’ the festival’s marketers promised.
For those who were hanging their Bluesfest hopes on Young’s appearance, Friday single day tickets are available for refund from today (Friday, December 2).
Despite that, Bluesfest is recommending its Friday single-day patrons ‘hold on to their tickets until the new artist announcement is released soon.’
‘Once the new artist announcement for Friday has been made, Friday single-day refunds will still be available for seven days after that,’ a Bluesfest spokesperson said.
Three-day ticket-holders who wish to change their ticket configuration are advised to ‘stand by for further artist announcements. More headlining artists will be added,’ Bluesfest said.
For any further enquiries, punters are advised to call 02 6685 8310 or email [email protected]