Updated Monday 9am: The Pacific Highway is closed in both directions at New Italy for light vehicles only due to water across the road north of the rest area.
Light vehicles are being diverted via Sumerland Way and Bruxner Highway which will add around 50 minutes travel time.
Heavy vehicles travelling on the highway can proceed through New Italy with caution and should follow directions of emergency services and traffic crews.
Other major roads closed due to flooding:
- Pacific Highway between Tammimobile and Tydal – reduced speed limit of 40km/h to due road surface damage
- Pacific Highway at Woodburn – water on the road blocking 1 of 2 southbound lanes
- Tweed Valley Way closed at a number of locations between Murwillumbah and Stotts Creek.
- Bangalow Road closed between Lismore and Bexhill.
- Bruxner Highway at Wollongbar – water on the road; exercise caution
- Bruxner Highway closed at Whalen Creek, Boggabilla
- Ulmarra Ferry is out of service due to high tides in the Clarence River
- Lawrence Ferry is back in service, however a stop/slow is in place 5km north of the ferry on Lawrence Rd due to durface damage
Motorists should never drive through floodwaters and avoid non-essential travel in flood-affected areas. For the latest information regarding these closures and others on the state road network visit www.livetraffic.com or call 132 701.More information on council road closures in the Northern Rivers, visit www.myroadinfo.com .
For information on local council roads in the region, visit www.myroadinfo.com.