The inaugural Festival of the Seven Seas will be held at Byron Bay Brewery on Sunday 20 August.
Festival of the Seven Seas is a fundraiser for local conservation groups Plastic Free Byron and Positive Change for Marine Life and will work to raise awareness of the crisis faced by the world’s oceans.
Festival of the Seven Seas is a family-friendly community event.
The day will be educational and will feature guest speakers and demonstrations suitable for children of all ages.
Running order of events
• 8am start with beach clean-up
• 11am free barbecue at the Brewery for all those who joined the clean-up
• Fundraising Event at Byron Bay Brewery 12 noon–10pm
Festival of the Seven Seas highlights
• Bands from 12 noon through till 10pm
• Designated kids’ entertainment and amusement area with rides, face painting, colouring competition, educational talks and demonstrations
• Silent auction featuring six surfboards donated by local pro surfers that have been painted by six local artist
• Marine expert presentations and talks
• Byron Bay Council representative from Be a Good Sort will present a workshop on correct waste disposal and ocean cleanups, and what we can do as a community in support of this, with tips and tricks on how to recycle.
Byron Bay Brewery – byronbaybrewery.com.au 6639 6100
facebook ByronBayBrewery/ | instagram byronbaybrewery/Festival of the Seven Seas – Sunday 20 August 2017,
12 noon–10pm. 1 Skinners Shoot Rd, Byron Bay