Police attended a fire this morning at Lismore Road, Wollongbar that has destroyed the interior of the house.
Chief Inspector Nicole Bruce said that when the police arrived at the Lismore Road address ‘the house was well alight’.
Neighbours had called in the fire and fortunately as no one was home there were no injuries said Chief Inspector Bruce.
‘Witnesses said that there were sparks coming from the eastern side of the house and at this early stage it is believed that it was an electrical fault.’
The fire has been referred to the coroner.