King tides will once again be flooding some local roads in and around Ballina later this week. Salt water is expected to cover some of the roads.
Ballina Shire Council is encouraging motorists to drive safely from 9 August with king tides leading to minor flooding.
Where possible, motorists, motorcyclists, pedestrians and cyclists should avoid affected roadways. Motorists are reminded the tides will be occurring during the evenings, and that salt water may also affect maintenance of vehicle and bodywork.
Roads likely to be affected by king tides and saltwater flooding include:
• Tamar Street, Ballina
• Riverside Drive, West Ballina
• River Street, West Ballina
• Burns Point Ferry Road, West Ballina
• North Creek Road, North Ballina
• Southern Cross Drive, North Ballina
• Uralba Road, Uralba
• Old Bangalow Road, Tintenbar
• Tamarind Dr, Cumbalum
For road information visit myroadinfo.com.au or telephone Ballina Shire Council on 1300 864 444.