Hosted at the Splendour site, North Byron Parklands, on Saturday 27 April, the inaugural Harvest Autumn Fair will showcase the region’s leading farmers, producers, chefs, brewers, and distillers, who all come together to celebrate the ‘Harvest’.
Presented by Northern Rivers Food, the Harvest Autumn Fair is all about connecting people with real food on real farms.
Chair of Northern Rivers Food, Pam Brook, was delighted to announce the Harvest Autumn Fair, which will be the centrepiece of the 12-day Harvest Festival, which will run across the Northern Rivers from Wednesday 24 April till Sunday 5 May.
‘The Harvest Festival has been running for four years now and it has just grown and grown,’ said Brook.
‘The Harvest Autumn Fair will bring together the Northern Rivers’ best producers and farmers, with our leading chefs and restaurants and some of the region’s favourite brewers and distillers.
‘There will a long table for friends and families to come together to enjoy a meal, or you can set out a picnic blanket and enjoy a range of entertainment, including cooking demonstrations, loads of old-time fair games for the kids, tractor rides, and farm animals, or visit the Enchanted Orchard craft marquee.
‘You can roll your sleeves up and get involved in sausage making, watch the region’s best mixologists go head to head to see who will be crowned cocktail champion of the Harvest Autumn Fair, or just kick back and enjoy a brew from Stone & Wood, Husk, or Cape Byron Distillery, with Bucha and Happy Belly Probiotics serving up kombucha and kefir for all ages.
There is something for everyone.’
Don’t miss your opportunity to attend – go to www.northernriversfood.org – to book today.
The Harvest Autumn Fair will be a Zero Food Waste event, using biocups, corn-starch plates, and recycled paper products. Their aim is to contribute zero to landfill!
The Harvest Autumn Fair activities will include:
• fabulous food – local chefs and cooks will choose their favourite farmer or producer to feature their autumn harvest crops
• live cooking demonstrations and workshops
• kids’ activities including the Enchanted Orchard marquee, tractor rides, and the story of ice cream…
• the best of Northern Rivers at the bar
• Cocktail Superstar – the region’s finest mixologists will battle it out for the title
• food competitions for the region’s finest produce including fresh fruit and veg, honey, jams, pickles, and cakes
• producer and grower food stalls tasting and selling delicious produce
• long trestle-table seating arrangements or picnic-on-the-grass atmosphere where locals and visitors alike can mingle
• live entertainment including musicians, competitions, demonstrations, and fun farm activities will run throughout the day.
Harvest Autumn Fair. Saturday 27 April 2019, 10am–4pm. Splendour site, North Byron Parklands. Tickets on sale at www.northernriversfood.org.