Geoff Bensley, Lennox Head
The present council did what many in our community have wanted for the past 30 years. It may cause a slight environmental thinning of bush but the benefits far outweigh the loss.
1. Emergency services’ secondary access across the railway corridor.
2. Savings in time and money for local businesses and workers.
3. Alleviate peak work-hour traffic jams.
4. Give Butler St a new and quiet road service.
5. Allow for a railway freight depot to be serviced directly without requiring the container trucks going down Jonson St.
In short, it will be very busy during peak hours but quiet outside these hours and our emergency services will breathe a sigh of relief during those summer months when Jonson and Lawson streets are totally jammed.