Residents and businesses in Northern NSW who have been suffering as a result of the hard Queensland border closure are now able to draw a breath of relief. As of 1am this morning, Thursday, 1 October, 2020 the border inclusion zone in NSW has been extended.
The zone now includes Ballina, Lismore, Richmond Valley and Byron Shires meaning that residents in these border zone areas ‘will be able to travel anywhere in Queensland for any purpose’.
Partial inclusion of the following postcodes has also been included: 2472, 2463,2469, 2460, 2370, 2365, 2370, 2365, 2369, 2359, 2347, 2390, 2397.
As part of the update the Queensland border zone has been removed so all Queensland residents are now able to travel anywhere within the NSW border zone.
However, the rest of NSW and Victoria are still considered COVID-19 hotspots and quarantine will still be required if you have:
- ‘been overseas in the last 14 days
- been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- been in a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days (and you are allowed to enter)
- COVID-19 or have had COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days
- are a New South Wales border zone resident who travelled outside the border zone in New South Wales.’
For more information see the Queensland government border restrictions website.