The Traffic Management Centre is asking motorists to exercise extreme caution in Northern NSW owing to continuing adverse weather conditions.
A number of roads are closed due to flooding:
- Waterfall Way is closed between Little North Arm Road and Maynards Plains Road in Dorrigo Mountain
- Motorists are advised to avoid the area. Motorists needing to travel can use the Gwydir and Oxley highways instead, but this route will add about two hours to journeys
- Summerland Way is closed between Clarence Way in Mountain View and Ellangowan Road in Casino
- Motorists travelling between Grafton and Casino can use Big River Way, the Pacific Highway and Bruxner Highway instead. This route is suitable for all vehicles, but will add around one hour to journeys
- Tweed Valley Way is closed between Chinderah and Tumbulgum
- Motorists can use Clothiers Creek Road instead
Smaller local roads may also be affected.
Motorists should drive to the conditions, which can change quickly, and follow the directions of emergency services and traffic crews in the affected areas.
For the latest traffic information, visit www.livetraffic.com, download the Live Traffic NSW app or call 132 701.