Due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak in the Greater Sydney area, Ballina Byron Gateway Airport wishes to assure all travellers and the general public that stringent measures are in place to protect community health.
In line with public health advice, all passengers travelling from Sydney are being screened by NSW Health officials upon their arrival at Ballina Byron Gateway Airport.
Airport Manager Julie Stewart said the Ballina Byron Gateway Airport is committed to working with the NSW Government to maintain a safe and secure facility that provides important transport links for the region.
‘We will continue to work with the airlines and the NSW Government to ensure the safety of passengers, staff and the community,’ she said.
Current public health advice is that those who feel unwell do not travel and get COVID tested.
It is also recommended that passengers wear masks.
The following measures are now in place at the airport
- Contactless temperature testing.
- Safety screens at customer service desks within the terminal.
- Increased cleaning and sanitisation of all touch points, counters, tables, chairs, bathrooms, doors and screening equipment.
- Access to the terminal is restricted to passengers only, except where passengers require genuine carer’s assistance.
- Social distancing of 1.5m required whenever possible as per guideline markers on common floor areas.
- Hand sanitisation stations installed at all terminal entry points.
- Airport staff wearing masks when serving customers.
A statement from Ballina Byron Gateway Airport states that, ‘The airport and our airline partners are closely following all Federal and State Government public health orders. These health orders are based on advice from medical professionals.
‘The airport has a COVID-19 Safety Plan and is a registered COVID-19 safe business on the NSW business register.
‘At this time, scheduled flights to and from all destinations will continue to operate. If there are any changes to scheduled flights airport management will advise the public. Travellers should always check the airline partner website directly for the most up-to-date flight information.’