Ballina Council has warned that several roads have been closed in the area due to the impact of floodwaters.
Tamarind Drive Roundabout at the Cumbalum Interchange is now closed. Local traffic from the Ballina Heights Estate will be detoured to the M1 Pacific Highway using the southbound off ramp.
Traffic using Tamarind Drive from Tintenbar will be detoured via the highway and will need to travel through West Ballina to access Ballina CBD.
• Tamarind Drive Roundabout @ Cumbalum Interchange
• Ross Lane @ Deadmans Creek
• Tamarind Drive between North Ck Road and Cumbalum Interchange
• Boundary Road @ Marom Creek
• Eltham Road @ Maguires Creek Bridge
• Friday Hut Road @ Emigrant Creek (Kirklands Crossing)
• Friday Hut Road @ Emigrant Crossing
• Houghlahans Creek Road Causeways
• Lindendale Road @ Marom Creek
• Old Bangalow Road downstream from Tintenbar Road to Tamarind Drive
• Old Bangalow Road to George Street, Tintenbar
• Pearces Creek Hall Road @ Pearces Creek
• Watson’s Lane @ Emigrant Creek
Council is also urging motorists to be cautious at Dalwood Road at Gum Creek Weir; Deadmans Creek at Cumbalum; Fernleigh Road at Tea House, and; Marom Creek Road at Gum Creek.
The Ballina Byron Gateway Airport is open. Please contact airlines for flight information. Flights may be delayed to due weather impacts at other airports.
Burns Point Ferry is operating. Please exercise caution when driving on and off the ferry.
For emergency help in floods and storms call the SES on 132 500.
For up to date road closures and cautions across the Northern Rivers visit MyRoadInfo.com.au