Heavy rainfall since Saturday morning over the Richmond River catchment has caused river
rises and minor flooding is expected in the Richmond River at Coraki and Bungawalbyn from early this afternoon.
Further rainfall is expected for the remainder of Tuesday, which may lead to further river
Minor flooding is expected along the Richmond River.
The Richmond River at Coraki is expected to exceed the minor flood level (3.40 m) late
Tuesday afternoon. The river level may reach around 4.00 metres overnight Tuesday into
Wednesday with minor flooding. Further rises are possible.
The Richmond River at Bungawalbyn is expected to exceed the minor flood level (3.00 m)
around 01pm Tuesday. The river level may reach around 3.60 metres overnight Tuesday
into Wednesday with minor flooding. Further rises are possible.
What we are expecting:
Low lying farmland may be affected, farmers are advised to monitor the situation closely
and move equipment and livestock if required.
• Possible local flooding in and around Bungawalbyn Creek with rural inundation
south-west of Coraki
• Water may affect the Coraki Caravan Park
• Minor flooding of low-lying roads and rural areas
What you need to do
Residents and visitor to low lying coastal caravan parks need to monitor the situation closely
and prepare to relocate.
People in areas likely to be impacted by flooding should consider:
• Refraining from driving or walking through flood water
• Road closures and flood isolation may impact on work, family and educational
• Monitoring emergency warnings and severe weather updates on local ABC radio, NSW
SES Northern Rivers Facebook Page and Bureau of Meteorology website
• If your property is at risk of inundation, please raise moveable items, such as
furniture, as high as possible onto benches or tables, placing electrical items on top
• If you are advised by an emergency services officer to evacuate, please do so
• Securing outside belongings and before leaving; turn off the power, water and take
essential medicines and clothes with you
• Farmers should move machinery, livestock, pumps and fodder to flood-free ground
For emergency help in floods and storms, call the NSW State Emergency Service on 132
500. In life-threatening situations call triple zero (000) immediately.
Latest River Heights for the Richmond River:
For more information:
• Listen to your local ABC radio station, follow the NSWSES on Facebook or
• Latest Weather, Warnings, Rainfall and River heights: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/
• Road Closures: www.livetraffic.com.au or www.myroadinfo.com.au.
• Rural animal and livestock assistance, contact Local Land Services