South Lismore: Evacuate by 10pm EDT
NSW SES is directing people along the Wilson River within South Lismore to evacuate the high danger area via Union Street and the Bruxner Highway.
Once floodwater passes 8.84 metres on the Rowing Club Gauge at South Lismore, roads will begin to close.
The areas affected are:
• The area bordered by Casino Street, Bruxner Highway, Caniaba Street and the Lismore Airport.
• Norca Lane, River Road, Elliott Road, Foleys Road, Taylor Street, Wardell Street and Riverview Park.
• The northern end of Cabiaba Street, Meadow Drive, Charlton Avenue and Scott Place
Why we are directing people to evacuate.
Once floodwater begins inundating the area road access water, sewerage, power, phones and internet may be lost. If you remain in the area you will be trapped and it may be too dangerous for SES to rescue you.
Where to go if Evacuation is required: Wherever possible, people should go and stay with family or friends, or make other accommodation arrangements. If you are unable to, an evacuation centre has been set up at the following.
Southern Cross University, Military Road, Lismore
What we are expecting:
Once floodwater begins inundating the area, road access may be cut. If you remain in the area after this time, you may become trapped and it may be too dangerous for NSW SES to rescue you.
What you need to do:
Low lying properties Simple
• Lift possessions and important items above the predicted flood height
• Take pets, essential items, warm clothes, medicines, insurance documents and valuables with you.
• Leave as early as possible to avoid restricted roads.
• Share this information with family, friends and neighbours and help others where possible.
For more information on:
• For the latest information listen to your local ABC radio station,
• Follow us on Facebook at /NSWSES or our website at www.ses.nsw.gov.au
• Latest Weather, Warnings, Rainfall and River heights: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/
• Road Closures: www.livetraffic.com.au or http://www.myroadinfo.com.au
• Lismore City Council https://disaster.lismore.nsw.gov.au
For emergency help in floods and storms, call the NSW State Emergency Service on 132 500. In life-threatening situations call triple zero (000) immediately.