‘This place is a must visit. It’s unique and leaves a very long-lasting impression. From the abundance of amazing giant crystals to the incredible gardens and flowers, there is plenty to keep you enthralled and occupied. Lovely cafe, shops, activities if you want, the only stupa in Australia giving you an opportunity to send peace prayers around the planet. You won’t want to miss this magical place. I take people there all the time because I Iove seeing the awe on their faces.’ Trip Advisor
Jim Kellar of The Herald is also a fan: ‘This private garden of peace and tranquility… featuring a sacred stupa monument for world peace that has the blessing of the Dalai Lama… it’s a place to unwind, contemplate, absorb the spirit of life at your own pace… the Lotus Café with panoramic views features the best vegetarian mezze plate I’ve ever enjoyed’.
‘This place is like a magical land. You can walk a labyrinth, wander the gardens, buy some crystals, have a yummy lunch in the cafe (food is excellent) and even get your aura photo taken.’ Trip Advisor.
Included in your visit:
- Experience one of nature’s sacred places nestled in the Byron Shire hinterland.
- Rare and amazing, giant crystals and fossils throughout, dating back to 500 million years ago.
- Botanic Shambhala Gardens and Rainforest spread across five hectares of lush flora and fauna including walks, sculptures, deities, contemplation spaces, a sacred labyrinth, and the largest stone Blessing Buddha in Australia.
- Kalachakra Stupa for World Peace. The Dalai Lama blessed this project and it is the only Buddhist stupa of its kind in the southern hemisphere.
- Daily Peace Experience for all from 3.10 to 4pm with sound-healing baths followed by a sacred Kora Walk around the World Peace Stupa.
- Daily workshops at 1pm during the holidays including: Kirtan, Crystals Chakras Astrology & Healing, Psychic Awareness, Ayurveda, Feng Shui, Awaken your Senses, and Energise your Life. Program details:
- The Crystal Castle Guidebook. A comprehensive 132-page, beautifully illustrated guide to complement your visit and take home with you.
- Friendly, helpful, insightful staff.
- Children’s playground and face painting (all weekends & daily in school holidays).
To enhance your visit:
- Aura photos with interpretation and a crystal or stone.
- Tarot or astrology sessions available by appointment from world renowned readers.
- Lotus Café – on the veranda overlooking one of the best views in the Byron Shire, provides delicious food and drinks made on the premises from locally sourced ingredients and veggies from the onsite organic garden.
- The shop, showroom and gallery offer an incredible display of large and small crystals, artefacts, singing bowls, jewellery, books, music, prayer flags, gifts and more.
‘You don’t have to be a hippie crystal lover to like it there,” advises another reviewer, “it’s a place for anyone who likes nature and something a little different.’
‘I have taken my children, friends, and my partner. It really is for everyone. Rare to have everyone happy at once.’
‘Gorgeous gardens, excellent healthy food, interesting staff and an absolutely wonderful way to spend a day. Definitely on our must return here list, and we live in Canada!’ Trip Advisor
‘Wow! What an experience! I loved every second,’ writes another Trip Advisor visitor ‘The serene atmosphere, positivity and energy of this sacred place is worth every cent of the entrance fee. Leave yourself a LOT of time – you might lose track of it.’
We await your visit and look forward to what you have to say!
Our hours: 10am – 5pm daily NSW time, except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and Good Friday. All details including fees and simple directions here: www.crystalcastle.com.au
Last but not least, a huge Thank You, to all of our visitors, our new annual passholders in the local community, our dedicated team, and the wonderful suppliers and supporters, many of whose names you can see around this feature, who make the Crystal Castle & Shambhala Gardens the jewel of Byron and an enriching destination for your spirit. – The Crystal Castle Team