The Spirit of Brunswick Heads
Known for its stunning river entrance and its ‘beach town’ vibe, Brunswick Heads has transformed from sleepy fishing village to one of the hubs of the Byron Shire. The Brunswick River is a perfect spot for water activities such as paddle boarding, kayaking, boating and swimming. Brunswick has managed to balance its ever increasing appeal to visitors with a strong sense of community identity, helped by the fact that most of the local businesses are owned by local residents.
Brunswick Heads has something to offer for everyone, whether it’s shopping, dining or outdoor activities. It's packed with options for the perfect for lunch or dinner, with a spot of shopping before or after. There are a lot of natural spaces, parks and beaches which are great for family gatherings, or to just kick back and relax on a picnic. Down the road and across the footbridge you’ll find Torakina Beach, a tranquil curve of sand sheltered by the two breakwalls at the mouth of the Brunswick River.
1. Brunswick Heads Pharmacy
Passionate about sourcing and curating some of the most unique and hard-to-find products from around the world, and bringing them into Brunswick Heads.
14-16 Mullumbimbi St 6685 1219
2.Trawlers Bar and Kitchen
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Full bar with six types of beer on tap, cocktails and delicious food with a great view, oh la la...
2 The Terrace
3. Brunswick Surf Shop
Your traditional, customer focused surf shop, providing surf apparel and accessories from major brands. Full to the brim with everything you need to enjoy a day at the beach.
1/12 The Terrace
4. Bruns Beach, Bait and Tackle
For all your beach needs.
Kids' and adults' hats. Swimwear, toys, games, towels, inflatables, boards, umbrellas and shelters. We also stock camping gear and a full range of fishing tackle.
Rod hire and bait.
17 Fingal St
5. Daily Counter
Serving Allpress coffee, Scratch Patisserie pastries & their famous toasties.
Open Monday to Friday 6.30am – midday and Saturday / Sunday 7am – midday.
15 Tweed St
6. Clem’s Cargo Marketplace
A treasure trove for secondhand-lovers and those who tread lightly. With its own café, Clem’s houses 12+ specialty traders showcasing quality furniture, resale and new apparel, and local artists.
38 Tweed St
7. Brunswick Heads Creative
Co-working • Community • Collaboration
A boutique local co-working space nestled among the countless cafes and just a stone’s throw from the famously picturesque Brunswick river and beach.
38 Mullumbimbi St
0405 484 039
8. Whatever Goes
Huge range of beautiful imported giftware, homewares, handcrafts, clothing, crystals and jewellery. Affordable prices, fantastic selection for all ages. Open 7 days a week.
Park St (near cnr Mullumbimbi St)
9. LJ Hooker Brunswick HeadsExperienced in all facets of real estate, their team can assist the community with all enquires relating to residential rentals, as well as rural, residential, commercial or industrial sales.
5/16 The Terrace
10. Fabulous Mrs FoxWith a fabulous mix of old and new, from fashion to furniture and everything in-between, they have something for everyone! Open 7 days for you to enjoy.
10 Park St
11. Brunswick Picture HouseHome to the smash hit, sell out show Cheeky. BPH showcases the very best of cabaret and circus, with a brand-new show every month. Don’t miss the special Christmas edition.
30 Fingal St
12. MahasheMahashe is a local designer fashion label, specialising in cotton.
With its timeless styles and unique prints, you can’t help but fall in love with this label.
14 The Terrace
13. Bronson Barber
For men, women, and teenagers wanting an awesome haircut, Bronson is the barber for you.
With 25 years of experience in Europe, the US, and Australia, you’ll walk out feeling a million dollars.
3 Fawcett St
14. Brunswick Heads PhysioA brand new clinic offering experienced 'hands on' physio to Brunswick Heads and surrounds. 45 minute consultations. Beat your injuries and get back to doing what you love.
Shop 1/25 Fingal St
0419 629 333
15. Portia’s Will
Out with the old and in with the new!
Stop by Portia’s Will boutique and pick up a bargain during their massive designer spring sale. There’s something for everyone!
2/1 Park St
16. Kathryn Riding YogaKathryn is a much loved teacher with many decades of experience, who offers weekly classes in her beautiful light filled studio in Brunswick Heads. She also teaches retreats in Ubud.
4 Bower St
0423 394 288
17. The Key BasicsVersatile wardrobe essentials for men and women, created to be worn again and again.
From carefully curated threads and ceramics, to sneakers and scents... mention The Echo for 15% off in-store.
Shop 1 / The Sails Motel, 26/28 Tweed St
18. Bruns News
A newsagent and local artists' outlet. In addition to newspapers, magazines, stationary and gift cards. They stock local Indigenous artworks, cards and postcards, lollies, aspirins, fresh flowers and more.
Park St (next to bakery
19. Byron Shire Real EstateHaving fun on the river is just one of the many simple pleasures you can enjoy around Brunswick Heads.
Contact BSRE to find out what our beautiful area has to offer.
3 Fawcett St
20. Bernardi’sA landmark of Brunswick Heads, serving their famous Artisanal Gelato with an authentic 1974 recipe. They also have fresh juices, outstanding smoothies, coffee and food. Drop in and say hello!
22 Fingal St