Six questions for Jehovah’s Witness doorknockers:
1. Are you aware that the 2016 Royal Commission into Institutional Handling of Child Sexual Abuse investigated 1006 alleged perpetrators of abuse within your church, over the last six decades?
2. Are you aware that your church, until recently, required a ‘second witness’ before they would report claims of sexual abuse to authorities?
3. Are you aware that your church finally signed on to the National Redress Scheme for victims of child sexual abuse this year, only after the government threatened to strip its charitable tax exemption?
4. Why is the church headed by an all-male governing body (like the Roman Catholic Church), that adheres to policies in a guidebook that’s kept confidential from other followers?
5. Why are the women in your church defined by their relationship to men, and wives must let their husbands make all decisions?
6. Are women within your church discouraged from tertiary studies and seeking fulltime employment?