Tweed–Byron police say that a man has been charged with firearm and drug-related offences following a search warrant at Bilambil Heights.
Just before midday yesterday (Wednesday, November 24), officers attached to Tweed/Byron Police District’s Proactive Crime Team executed a search warrant at a home on Lakeview Terrace.
During the search, police seized 20 cannabis plants, 3kg of cannabis leaf, cannabis seeds, magic mushrooms, computers, various firearm parts, three gel blaster firearms, ammunition, a slingshot, a musket, and $1350 in cash.
A 44-year-old man was arrested at the location and taken to Tweed Heads Police Station.
He was charged with;
- possess a barrel for a firearm unless authorised by licence,
- possess unauthorised firearm x 3,
- possess ammunition without holding licence/permit/authority,
- possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit x 2,
- enhanced indoor cultivate prohibited plant – expose child,
- supply prohibited drug,
- possess prohibited drug,
- cultivate prohibited plant,
- supply prohibited drug – commercial quantity,
- Recklessly deal with proceeds of crime under $5000,
- and goods in personal custody suspected being stolen.
Police will allege the man was involved in the illegal importation and manufacture of unauthorised firearms and the cultivation and supply of prohibited drugs.
The Bilambil Heights man was refused bail and appeared before Tweed Heads Local Court today (Thursday 25 November 2021), and was formally refused bail to reappear before the same court on Monday 31 January 2022.