The State Emergency Services says it expects all rapid damage assessments in response to the Northern Rivers flood disaster to be done by early next week.
More than 11,000 assessments had been carried out by Thursday afternoon, the SES said, with the majority of urban areas completed.
‘As floodwaters continue to recede, crews will have improved access to minor roads and individual properties which have been impacted by floodwaters,’ the SES said.
The SES didn’t respond to a question concerning so-called ‘condemned’ properties and how many there were, if any.
Local social media discussion suggested some people in Lismore and Mullumbimby were being told their dwellings were ‘condemned’ but it was unclear which authority was making the decision.
The Echo also asked if there were still people needing to be rescued from Byron’s Hinterlands in Huonbrook, Upper Wilson Creek and Upper Main Arm or in Ballina.
‘The SES is not aware of any active requests which require rescue,’ the SES said.
‘In life threatening situations people should call 000.’