Update: 23 October 10.30am
Ballina Shire Council is asking all motorists to be vigilant and take care following heavy rainfall and more on the way.
See below for the latest road cautions and closures. Visit livetraffic.com.au for a full list of roads and their status.
CAUTION WATER OVER ROAD:
- Boundary Road @ Marom Creek
- Marom Creek Road @ Gum Creek
- Marom Creek Road @ Yellow Creek
- Marom Creek Road @ Youngman Creek
- Lindendale Road Causeway
- Friday Hut Road @ Emigrant Creek (Kirklands Crossing)
- Houghlahans Creek Road Causeways
- Deadman Creeks Road @ Cumbalum
- Ross Lane @ Deadmans Creek
- Friday Hut Road @ Emigrant Crossing
- Dalwood Road @ Gum Creek Weir
- Pearces Creek Hall Road @ Pearces Creek
- Watson’s Lane @ Emigrant Creek
Ballina Shire Council staff regularly check roads across our shire and signposting flooded roads. Not all urban roads can be signposted – so be aware of changing conditions in your local area.
For emergency help in floods and storms call the SES on 132 500.
Waste collection will not be impacted.
The Ballina Byron Gateway Airport is open. Please contact airlines for flight information.
Burns Point Ferry is operating. Please exercise caution when driving on and off the ferry.