Greg Burgess, Lennox Head.
What has become of Ballina Shire Council, with many residents and ratepayers distressed and quite alarmed at allegations which were tabled at the last council meeting on 22/11/18.
Council was asked for a reply by the next council meeting in December. So far no reply.
These are just a few of the allegations that are quite disturbing.
1. One was the alleged shredding of council records, ie Minutes, DA’s, and other documents pertaining to many years of council records.
2. East Ballina Cemetery is the largest cemetery in the shire. It is a traditional monumental cemetery overlooking the Pacific Ocean in many parts. General burials, lawn burials and columbarium walls (including the Anzac Walls) are available in this cemetery. Ballina Shire Council manages all enquiries regarding reservations for the cemetery and the niche walls. It has come to our attention that there are NO records or FEW, of who are interred in each plot at East Ballina Cemetery. Ballina Shire Council could not give any information to a respondent. How many residents/ratepayers now have no record of interment? Do other shire cemeteries have this problem?
Why was Council running around demanding funeral businesses for documents etc?
3. Lake Ainsworth – non disclosure of Conflict of Interest. After research, it has come to light that certain councillors did not disclose facts prior to the council decision on September 1 to close the eastern road at Lake Ainsworth, Lennox Head. This is Breach of Duty by councillors. And yes, there would be in excess of 120 car parks lost.
It is hereby requested that Ballina Shire Council immediately rescind their decision to close the eastern road.
4. Replacement of Council Minutes.
Why have so many of the Ballina Shire Council Agenda and Minutes been Replaced?
This is illegal. Have/had all Minutes been signed off by GM and Mayor?
When downloaded, this is what the file looks like for respective dates:
Plus, there are many more.
5. Floodplain Mismanagement. When did Ballina Council and/ or RTA or RMS get written permission from Land and Environmental Court and Environmental Planning Assessment Act 1979 to build over/block floodway drains? When did Ballina Council and the Ballina Shire Councillors get the written approval and/ or written permission to put land filling into running creek water course, and leaving blind water course and well used flood way that ran west from Fishery Creek and alongside of Horizon Drive West Ballina and associated areas within a distance of two, up to five kilometre (present) distance east from roundabout at under the Bypass at West Ballina? Was this by way of Development Application? Before full Ballina Shire Council? What year?
6. Why was the dredge owned by Ballina Shire sold? Last seen Port Phillip Bay a few