King tides expected in Ballina over the weekend may lead to minor flooding over some local roads, the Ballina Shire Council was warning Thursday.
The king tides were expected each morning from Friday 9 February through to Monday 12 February 2024.
The council was advising people to avoid affected roadways where possible and remember that salt water may affect vehicle maintenance and bodywork.
Roads likely to be affected by king tides and saltwater flooding included:
- Tamar Street, Ballina
- Riverside Drive, West Ballina
- River Street, West Ballina
- Burns Point Ferry Road, West Ballina
- North Creek Road, North Ballina
- Southern Cross Drive, North Ballina
- Uralba Road, Uralba
- Old Bangalow Road, Tintenbar
- Tamarind Drive, Cumbalum
Official road information is available via www.livetraffic.com.