1. The community were somewhat misled by Byron Shire Council.
2. The information from Council was a video… a truck driving into a shed and dumping rubbish! Treating the community like infants.
3. The report does not seem to comply with public interest and climate imperatives. 4. The report was on Council’s website only for a short time… it is huge.
5. The current situation of floods is an indication of political laxity when addressing climate imperatives. In the case of the Bioenergy facility the main local concern is fire.
6. The area designated for the facility is heavily populated.
7. Accessing the report and info wasn’t easy. The community have no in-depth info as the report was quickly removed from the website.