Do you know someone worthy of recognition in Ballina Shire? Award nominations are now open in categories including community-based activities, sport and the arts.
Individual and groups go to extraordinary lengths to help others in need and overcome obstacles to pursue their passions.
On Australia Day in 2022 Ballina Shire Council will be publicly recognising a range of people and groups doing great things in the community, nominated by their fellow community members.
Nominations close Monday 15 November 2021.
- YOUNG CITIZEN OF THE YEAR (30 YEARS OF AGE OR UNDER). A young resident who has made a significant contribution to the Ballina Shire.
- SENIOR CITIZEN OF THE YEAR (60 YEARS OF AGE OR OVER). A senior resident who has made a significant contribution to the Ballina Shire.
- VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR. An individual who has worked tirelessly behind the scenes to support an organisation’s activities.
- SPORTING ACHIEVEMENT AWARD, A team or individual who has excelled and represented their chosen sport at a local, regional, state, national or international level. Nominations can also be sports administrators and coaches who have made a significant contribution to sport.
- ARTS AND CULTURE AWARD. An individual who has made a significant contribution to the creative arts.
- COMMUNITY EVENT OF THE YEAR. An individual or group who has hosted an outstanding community event in Ballina Shire during 2021.
- ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD. An individual or group contributing to our environmental preservation or advancing environmental awareness.
The Australia Day Committee will select the Citizen of the Year Award from all of the nominees across the seven categories.
You can nominate online here or phone Tracy Lister at Ballina Shire Council’s Communications Team on 1300 864 444.