Ballina Shire Council is encouraging motorists to drive safely over the coming days with king tides leading to minor flooding of some local roads.
Where possible, motorists, motorcyclists, pedestrians and cyclists should avoid affected roadways. Salt water may affect maintenance of vehicle and bodywork.
The king tides will be occurring during the evenings from Saturday 3 June through to Wednesday 7 June 2023.
Roads likely to be affected by king tides and saltwater flooding include:
- Tamar Street, Ballina
- Riverside Drive, West Ballina
- River Street, West Ballina
- Burns Point Ferry Road, West Ballina
- North Creek Road, North Ballina
- Southern Cross Drive, North Ballina
- Uralba Road, Uralba
- Old Bangalow Road, Tintenbar
- Tamarind Dr, Cumbalum
For road information visit livetraffic.com or telephone Ballina Shire Council on 1300 864 444.